Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Account Manager manages and directs coordinated sales and customer interface activities for our global account Meritor. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships at all levels between Timken and Meritor while growing Timken's business profitably.
- Develop and manage a five-year business plan for ArvinMeritor and manage sales for the global account.
- Support and drive interactions with key internal functional areas such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Technology Center, and New Business Development.
- Collaborate with sales associates in remote locations who have account responsibility to align communications and drive a consistent account strategy, aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Develop, manage and grow intimate, customer-centric relationships with key customer contacts. Identify, develop, and execute new business development strategies and tactics. Create and maintain a Strategic Roadmap to grow business profitably for this account.
- Coordinate the global business' demand signal alignment to ensure high delivery performance.
- Lead the development of all contracts and the LTA (long term agreement) for Meritor.
- Play a key role in recommending price actions, with the lead role in implementing the price changes.
- Develop a complete customer relationship matrix-from the sales engineer by region all the way through Sr. Management and drive Sr. Management relationships with planned face to face meetings and events.
- Coordinate and execute global call plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- MBA preferred
- At least 7 years of working with, or responsibility for, progressively more complex projects that involve both commercial and technical issues
- Extensive background in working with customers and developing long-term customer relationships and partnerships
- OE sales experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience utilizing a CRM system
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.