Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Engineering Supervisor provides advanced product engineering support to the customer and all areas of Timken Housed Units on existing bearing designs.This position is the lead for the Engineering department and is responsible for the training, performance management, and supervision of the team.
- To provide engineering support to the customer and all areas of THU on existing bearing designs
- To design new applications of bearings and related products by applying current engineering principles
- Create best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken financials, and manufacturing requirements
- Perform all engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs
- Complete documentation of designs including drawings, databases, analysis and testing
- Generates customer quotes for lead times and special application products. Request quotes and orders special materials for custom application jobs
- Provides manufacturing with required design prints for production orders
- Generates minor design modification prints using applicable standard work procedures
- Assists in incoming inspections when needed. Facilitates rapid response assistance for damage analysis requests
- General drawing database maintenance preparing prints for mass conversion to Pro-E (Integration Specific)
- Participate in Lean projects like Kaizen and 5s in conjunction with relevant departments throughout Timken Housed Units
- Assists with Quality Control and inspection
- Conducts field visits to include sales presentations, troubleshooting and in-depth product consultation.
- Supervises the THU Engineering team including training and performance management, while answering technical questions, reviewing design and approving release, reviewing KPIs and metrics, and kicking off growth projects with project plans
- Ensures all Corporate ENG standards are met and kept up to date
- Ensures the THU ENG program is in compliance with current ISO quality standards
- Bachelors Degree with 5yrs of experience; 7yrs preferred. Masters Degree preferred
- PE (Professional Engineer) designation preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken is a federal contractor. Before being employed by The Timken Company, you will need to pass a routine pre−employment screening that includes a hair follicle drug screening (which includes marijuana), a physical, and a background check.