Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
- Manage day-to-day sales activities and other business processes associated with assigned territory while maintaining strong connection between customers, engineering, management, Timken Drives operations team, Timken Belts, and Timken Corporate sales team.
- Position responsible for maintaining and growing market share of Timken chains, belts, and auger products & services for assigned territory.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans consistent with the Timken chains, belts, and augers business plan.
- Identify, develop, and execute new business development opportunities, strategies, and tactics leading to profitable growth which surpass market conditions.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through regular face-to-face customer visits and interactions, requiring extensive travel and detailed post-sales follow-up.
- Proactively analyze customer needs and issues utilizing formalized problem-solving techniques to drive continuous improvement activities and communicate needs (Voice of the Customer/VOC) to the organization.
- Assist sales management in planning, selling strategies, and market planning activities. Work with Timken Regional Manager and Timken sellers to promote, sell, and service the Timken chains, belts, and auger product lines.
- Maintain CRM (pre-call planning, call logs, and opportunity pipeline).
- Work strategically and collaboratively within Timken matrix to service common customers.
- Field sales management and marketing experience.
- Technical background and experience.
- Knowledge of precision roller chain, engineering class chains, and belts.
- Demonstrated business management experience and skills.
- Strong organizational, management, communication, and presentation skills.
- High degree of computer literacy (including excel, word, and Powerpoint).
- Self-directed and self-starter.
- Ability to work within team environment.
- Industrial distribution experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Business or Marketing required.
- Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Previous Job Experiences
- Minimum of 7 years Industrial Sales Experience; 10 years preferred.
- Understanding of Industrial Distribution.
- Minimum of 3 years chain and/or belt product sales, features/benefits, and applications; 5 years preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.