Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Customer Relations Management Representative will provide a range of customer service functions according to customer requests. Duties consist of answering sales calls and responding to emails and faxes to assist customers in ordering products. Quote pricing and delivery on products in our catalog and also find price and delivery on special order items. Understand customer requests for technical and/or account status information. Know where to look for and find that information and relay it back to the customer in a timely and professional manner. Receive general direction from the Customer Relations Supervisor but are required to work on an independent basis.
- The Customer Relations Management Representative serves as a representative of the Company and must display courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with customers and coworkers. Must be able to develop friendly relationships with customers over a period of time.
- Quote pricing and delivery for customers via phone, fax and e-mail.
- Facilitate customer orders and confirm delivery dates with Manufacturing or appropriate Distribution center.
- Maintain communication with the Customer Relations Supervisor to confirm delivery and price on any special order items.
- Reps must be able to field questions or source answers about tolerances and other technical specifications of the products.
- Ensure adequate stock is available when promising delivery dates and if delivery can not be met the Rep must contact the customer directly to inform them of the situation.
- Coordinate logistical flow of items throughout company to fulfill customer requirements. This is accomplished with a high level of personal communication
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of our catalog of products and applications
- Effective communication skills and basic instructional abilities
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Strong PC skills with office application tools
- Ability to navigate/operate SAP system
- Ability to enter and prepare Sales orders
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and customer service orientation
- Problem solving ability and ability to take initiative to satisfy customers
- Willingness to go the extra step to ensure positive outcomes
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Ability to resolve difficult or stressful customer service issues
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
H.S Diploma/equivalent required; AA preferred
5-7 years experience minimum in Customer Relations, preferably in manufacturing industry
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.