Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Mechanical Design Technician will provide product design and technical support to the customer and all areas of Timken Housed Units on existing and new bearing designs. This position is a support position for the Engineering department and is responsible for drafting and design assignments.
- Provides product design and technical support to the customer and all areas of THU on existing bearing designs under the direction of Timken Housed Units Engineering Department personnel
- Designs new applications of bearings and related products by applying current engineering principles
- Creates best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken financials, and manufacturing requirements
- Identifies and coordinate engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs
- Completes documentation of designs including drawings, databases, analysis and testing
- Provides manufacturing with required design prints for production orders
- Generates minor design modification prints using applicable standard work procedures
- Assists in incoming inspections when needed; facilitates rapid response assistance for damage analysis requests
- General drawing database maintenance
- Assists with Quality Control and inspection
- AA in Mechanical Engineering or related field (relevant experience will be considered)
- 3yrs Solidworks/CAD experience
- Analysis & investigation
- Applying knowledge
- Product design
- Technical translation
- Quality systems
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.