Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: Manage and coordinate activities within the materials department such as purchasing, shipping, and receiving areas to efficiently maintain production, scheduling/control, purchasing, material planning, and inventory control to meet production plan, plant objectives, and customer requirements. Lead SAP implementation and provide super power user support within Fort Scott.
Include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Manage production schedule process to meet customer requirements and stay within production guidelines, minimizing setups and improving plant efficiencies when possible
- Direct customer order function to insure customers' expectations are met while maintaining production stability
- Prepare and coordinate production requirements to assure adequate resources are provided
- Determine material requirements to insure sufficient inventory levels to support production goals
- Monitor functions of shipping & receiving to insure that material and product are handled/stored correctly
- Analyze and correct inventory accuracy, delivery problems, quality issues, and material outages
- Supervise employees in materials department and carry out responsibilities including training, planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding & coaching employees; and addressing/resolving production problems
- Develop and maintain good rapport with vendors, suppliers, and company representatives while trying to secure competitive pricing & services
- Forecast, plan, and purchase all raw materials
- Establish confidence in forecasting models; maximize inventory efficiency; and lead & improve SIOP process
- Lead SAP implementation and other business processes as required
- Provide on-site SAP support for Fort Scott
- Develop and implement process improvements to support plant CI activities
- Bachelor's in Business, Econ, Operations Management, or similar field
- 3 to 5 years' supply chain/materials management experience
- Access, Excel, SAP, Minitab, JDEdwards experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.