Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position exists to ensure The Timken Company suppliers are capable of reliably providing products or services conforming to Timken's requirements and specifications while continuously improving the supplier's product quality, cost, and delivery to meet the needs of our internal facilities and our customers.
- Participate and/or lead activities to bring on new suppliers that meet internal Timken quality, delivery, and performance expectations for purchased product, services, and components through coordination with internal Sourcing, Engineering and Manufacturing teams while facilitating supplier assessments and development plans.
- Perform pre-defined systems and process audits per recognized standards, as well as modify/create audit questions to identify and improve quality systems and processes of suppliers which affect The Timken Company products or services. Use the results of these audits to approve and rate the suppliers to minimize The Timken Company risks and maximize profitability.
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal technical experts to develop robust quality plans that prevent problems from occurring and ensure process capability while minimizing costs.
- Review and approve supplier quality plans and part submittals such as PPAP and FAI to ensure accurate and complete records are maintained for traceability.
- Participate and/or lead the resolution of quality issues related to the above-mentioned purchased parts through identification of root cause and the implementation and verification of effective corrective and preventive action.
- Analyze the data acquired from external and internal sources, to identify and implement opportunities for improving quality, cost, or delivery. Monitor supplier quality performance and assist with the development of performance metrics. Use problem solving and process improvement tools such as SPC, Pareto analysis, Benchmarking, TQM (Total Quality Management), and others to perform this work.
- Strong background in quality principles and disciplines
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Product knowledge of bearings and components
- Process Knowledge of Grind, Heat Treat, Plating, NDE and Assembly
- Ability to interact effectively with suppliers and internal Timken resources
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) knowledge and experience
- Lead Auditor Certification (ISO 9001, AS9100, IATF 16949)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification: CQE or CQA
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering/Technical or related field with 7+ years of related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.