Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
PURPOSE: This role oversees all U.S. federal tax operations including U.S. consolidated income tax filing, U.S. federal estimated payments, U.S. tax cash flow forecasting and U.S. financial reporting for income taxes. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager Tax Operations. The candidate must have U.S. federal tax technical knowledge along with interpersonal skills and decision-making ability. A successful candidate will have a high performing mindset and great attention to detail. This role will also have direct interaction with the IRS and respond to various audit requests and create presentations required as part of the IRS CAP program.
- Manage U.S. federal tax compliance, extension and estimated payment process: Involves directing efforts of tax staff and outsourcing relationships to assign tasks, establish detailed timetables and review work product to ensure compliance with U.S. tax laws. Will be involved in the preparation of the more complex book/tax differences like executive compensation and fixed assets. Will work with outside service providers to oversee the R&D credit and LIFO inventory preparation. Prepare accurate and timely forecasts of the Company's U.S. federal and state cash tax needs.
- Manage the preparation of the Company's U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with the Sr. Manager Tax Operations and global finance teams to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions) for the U.S. (federal and state). Includes documenting inputs for the Company's U.S. effective tax rate and review of current and deferred income taxes.
- Manage U.S. federal IRS audit and related matters: Communicate with IRS agents to prepare responses to information document requests ("IDRs") and oversee the Company's compliance assurance program, i.e. CAP.
- Coordinate with international tax team and state and local team: Responsible for consolidation and e-filing of U.S. federal income tax return and working with other tax teams to ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Assist in the implementation of U.S. tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense: Work closely with the Vice President Tax and the global tax team to ensure coordination of the tax consequences of business operations, legal entity structuring and acquisitions. May require research of U.S. federal tax laws. Assists in the identification of key risks coming from tax operations for compliance and financial reporting.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Propensity to lead and train others
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 10%
Required: Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance) with 7+ years of relevant job experience
Desired: Master's Degree (MST, Accounting, Finance or MBA) with 5+ years of relevant job experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.