Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Inspects product visually and dimensionally for surface defects and compliance to specifications; and assembles and packs roller bearing components.
- Inspects material visually for surface defects and dimensionally for compliance to specifications using a variety of gauging equipment. Adjusts gauges to masters before performing checking operations.
- Performs sampling inspection involving the selection of samples according to chart, sampling plan, or percentage of pieces in containers.
- Segregates and identifies rejected material for final disposition by attaching a tag with reason for rejection on each piece. Disposes of obvious scrap in proper container. Informs supervision of unusual quality deficiencies.
- Operates various equipment such as assembly machine and closing-in press to assemble cones, rollers and cages. Verifies correctness of cone and roller sizes prior to assembly by comparing tags attached to each container or spool.
- Positions rollers in cage using an assembly die or mechanical loading device. Places cone into roller and cage assembly. Places assembled cone into container or closing-in press by hand.
- Clears jams from mechanical roller loading device using wire pick, hand magnet, and tweezers. Reports faulty operation of same to Product Control Attendant A, Lead Manufacturing Associate or Supervisor.
- Wraps and packs roller bearing assemblies and related parts in proper containers for shipment.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as removing rust from parts using emery cloth, filling out various forms and inspection reports and keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL OF THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.