Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
PRODUCT CONTROL ATTENDANT A
Sets up, calibrates as necessary, troubleshoots and makes minor repairs to various equipment such as cone assembly machine, closing press, sound testing equipment, packing machine, size gauging machine, visual inspection machine, roller washer and dryer
and material handling equipment to ensure quality product.
- Plans and schedules the sequence in which material is to be processed through the
works with Product Acceptance Attendant B and Product Control Attendant C as
respective assembly lines and work stations. Directs, instructs and assigns work to and
- Sets up various assembly and inspection machines such as cone assembly, sound
testing and gauging unit, lateral gauging machine, closing-in press and automatic
gauging equipment. Changes feeder mechanisms, assembly adaptors and closing-in
dies and makes adjustments to ram stroke, counters, demagnetizers, ram heights,
chuting, etc. using indicators, masters and hand tools.
- Makes periodic quality checks on a variety of special purpose gauges for proper
gauging of product to specifications using comparators, pneumatic gauges, masters,
etc. using indicators, masters and hand tools.
- Troubleshoots gauges, gauging equipment and machine parts for cause of improper
performance using indicators and micrometers. Disassembles gauges and gauging
equipment, repairs or replaces broken or worn parts. Fits, aligns, calibrates and
adjusts parts and reassembles using various masters, gauges and miscellaneous hand
- Procures set up and repair parts from tool cribs and transports material and equipment
to and from machines, tool cribs, work stations, storage areas and other departments
using floor-controlled pendant crane, transporter, hand truck or by hand carrying.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as making special control inspection checks, filling
out standard forms and keeping work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Responsible for quality of work in assigned area.
THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL OF THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.