Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The Timken Company's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team leads the global forecasting process and management reporting and analysis across the organization. In addition, FP&A provides analytics for management insight and decision support. As a member of this team, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide key analytical support for senior management including variance analysis, forecast consolidation, presentation preparation and other financial projects. This position reports to the Assistant Controller & GM - FP&A.
- Analyze trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, S&A, and cash flow.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial reporting and analysis for senior management.
- Consolidate and analyze monthly financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Analyze financial information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Interface with finance managers around the world to ensure accurate reporting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Other ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary to support the organization.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Hyperion Planning or OneStream expertise (preferred)
- SAP or similiar ERP
- SAP BW/BI or similar data warehouse
- PowerBI or Tableau or Qlikview or R
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Data Analytics and relevant experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Data Analytics or MBA preferred
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.