Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Perform a variety of operations related to heat treating of production parts:
- Maintain production and quality of parts by operating the following units: shot-blast equipment, tempering furnaces, pit hardening furnaces, cranes, and other parts moving equipment.
- Set-up floor dies and assist with production as needed.
- Responsible for start-up, in-process control, and shut down of the above pieces of equipment.
- Load and unload tempering baskets, flats, carburizing fixtures, deep freeze fixtures, etc.
- Move parts to designated locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Tools and equipment:
- Heat treating furnaces and related quench systems.
- Shot blast equipment, cranes, basic hand tools, micrometers, hardness testing devices and floor dies.
- Complete necessary documentation, as required.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, observance of safety regulations, and correct reporting of time & production.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in good working order and maintaining a neat and orderly work area.
- Able to operate computer operated Temper Furnaces and Pit Furnaces used in processing product.
- Able to read, write and do basic math.
- Able to accurately follow Heat Treat standard procedures.
- Able to perform a variety of functions as assigned by department supervision.
- Able to perform physically demanding work.
- Willing to work any shift and work over-time.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.