Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: CNC Setup Operator
Responsible for the setup and operation of one or more assigned multi-axis CNC machine tools to produce component parts in accordance to engineering drawings, internal sketches, or other specifications provided by engineering.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining centers.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews set-up sheets and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to ensure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Maintains continuous focus, as set-ups require very tight tolerances to ensure proper set-up.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Utilizes override control to correct conditions that are out of tolerance or operating unusually.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Performs system transactions to allocate raw material to work orders.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts
- Performs machine maintenance.
- Position will have training responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preferred: 3 Years CNC experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, rate, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website: http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.