Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full-time Operations Agent for our Furniture Direct team in Mendota Heights, MN. The Operations Agent is responsible for all domestic operations (tracking/tracing, quotes, shipment creation, bookings). The Operations Agent is also responsible for supporting account management by providing excellent customer service. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
* Sign on Bonus: $250 after 30 days and an additional $500 after 60 days. Total payout within 90 days*
• Negotiating Freight Rates
• Develop collaborative carrier relationships
• Develop collaborative carrier relationships and work with Account Managers to ensure quality service
• Assigning carriers and providing load tenders
• Find and develop new logistics/freight opportunities and design carrier solutions for other Pilot offices and external customers
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 6 months customer service experience, preferably in the transportation industry
• Must have experience managing high call and email volume
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze information skillfully
High School or better.