Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a part-time Quality Inspector.
The Inspector is responsible for the day-to-day completion of work assignments in compliance with Lovejoy's quality management system. The position requires a self-driven associate with quality systems body of knowledge. Responsible for applying lean manufacturing principals to help facilitated the ongoing support and execution of the quality management system. This position is a part-time role for approximately 6 months to catch up on backlog.
- Conduct and document receiving inspection, process inspection, and final inspection of product.
- Conduct and document calibration of gages.
- Control external calibration activities and documents.
- Purchase gaging and quality supplies.
- Conduct and document process audits.
- Generate nonconforming product documents.
- Provide feedback to production and respond to the immediate needs of production by troubleshooting, assisting, and securing corrective action.
- Perform special projects and assignments in support of the department or facility as defined by the Quality Director.
- Train production employees on proper use of gaging equipment.
- Collect/analyze/report data to support key Quality metrics
- Support failure analysis investigations to determine root cause of product/component failures
- Ensure inspection equipment is suitable to meet the design intent and calibration is controlled.
- Control record retention and organization of quality documents.
- Experience in use of gages (metrology)
- Experience in blue print reading
- Experience in GD&T
- Experience in Gage calibration
- Proficiency with software packages (MS Office and Statistical software)
- Must have organizational skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and customers
- Effective communication and technical writing skills are required
- High School degree (or equivalent) is required
- Associates degree in quality control is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.