Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is looking to hire a Manufacturing Supervisor in our Powdered Metals department.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership of operative associates and oversee production operations at the Lovejoy plant located in Downers Grove, IL.
This includes responsibility for all aspects of operations management including, safety, performance/talent management, scheduling, quality, productivity, on-time delivery, continuous improvement, and business plan achievement.
- Ensure legal and internal policy compliance for environmental, health and safety programs; and identify and implement improvements in these areas.
- Directly manage operative associates for performance against established metrics, including pay and development decisions.
- Coordinate training and development of operative associates, ensuring required staffing and cross-training exists.
- Help build the production schedule and manage production precisely to that schedule, providing proactive signals if schedule attainment is in jeopardy.
- Ensure in-process and outgoing product quality meets customer requirements and specifications.
- Communicate well with all associates to ensure that work schedule and requirements are understood and clearly pursued and that all associates are engaged and motivated.
- Evaluate and continuously improve productivity by developing and applying rigorous lean management principles.
- Monitor in-process orders and intervene as necessary to achieve schedule accomplishment and on-time delivery.
- Continuously drive positive change and improvement in all facets of operations and customer service.
- Establish operating budget and manage all costs and expenses to that budget.
- Maintain and comply with all standard operating procedures and processes.
- Work with management team to achieve all business plan targets for safety, shipments, gross margin, on-time delivery, quality, and cost control
- Embrace and support all Timken Core Values: Ethics and Integrity, Quality, Teamwork, and Excellence
- Experience in manufacturing leadership, including talent and performance management
- Knowledge of CNC Manufacturing, Shipping, Receiving, and Purchasing
- Strong mechanical skills and problem-solving capability
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- OSHA and Safety experience
- Knowledege of Quality Control
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint
- Strong communication and team building skills
- 5S implementation experience
- SAP experience preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelor's preferred
- 7 years of supervisory/management experience preferred
- Six Sigma certification preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.