Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Principal Financial Analyst - Operations
The Principal Financial Analyst - Operations provides direction on the development and implementation of tactics to continuously improve the plant's key performance measures. The Analyst supports the Lincolnton Plant in various closing, reporting, inventory management and business planning activities. The Analyst helps drive productivity, spending, and achievement of plant financial targets by analyzing plant financial issues, performing root cause analysis, and finding corrective actions. Regular communication of results and analysis with the Plant Controller, Plant Management Team, and corporate occurs.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of labor, scrap, and inventory reporting
- Development and maintenance of annual budgets and product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers
- Assistance with cost savings studies in support of continuous improvement plan activities
- Assistance in daily, weekly, and monthly financial accounting closing processes
- Completion of periodic audits and cycle counts
- Monitoring capital budgets, capital spending, and creation of new fixed assets
- Creation and updating of internal orders to support projects and monitor spending
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related curriculum required
- Five years of financial experience in manufacturing or public accounting preferred
- Strong Analytical Skills required
- SAP and Business Intelligence knowledge preferred
- Physical requirements for spending 5% of work time in manufacturing area required
- CPA/CMA and Master's Degree preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.