Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This role oversees the Company's international tax matters involving U.S. international tax compliance, non-U.S. compliance matters and international tax planning projects. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Tax. The candidate must have significant technical and interpersonal skills, coupled with judgment and decision-making abilities, as well as the ability to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. Knowledge of financial reporting for income taxes would also be a plus.
- Oversee U.S. international tax rules: Assess tax positions under U.S. tax law, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, E&P calculations and the new requirements pursuant to U.S. Tax Reform like GILTI, BEAT and FDII to minimize tax expense. Establish, implement and improve modeling processes for the future.
- Ensure compliance with cross-border transfer pricing requirements: Involves directing efforts of finance managers and managing outsourcing relationships to assign tasks, establish detailed timetables and review work product to ensure compliance with U.S. and international transfer pricing laws and BEPS requirements.
- Oversee the tax implications of the Company's cash repatriation strategy: Calculate withholding tax implications and other potential U.S. tax costs associated with global cash repatriation. Track and maintain criteria post-U.S. Tax Reform to determine amounts subject to DRD and implications of PTI, including appropriate FTC impacts and make recommendations for the most tax efficient way to move cash globally.
- Implement global tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense: Work closely with the Vice President Tax and the global tax team to ensure modeling and research of the tax consequences of business operations, legal entity structuring and rationalization, cash repatriation strategies and acquisitions. Assists in the identification of key risks coming from tax operations for compliance and financial reporting.
- Assist with tax audits and related matters: Assist with the preparation of tax authority information requests and liaising with tax authorities in coordination with the Vice President Tax and/or the Sr. Manager Tax Operations.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Propensity to lead and mentor staff
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 15%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar required
- MBA or master's degree in Accounting or Tax preferred
- 15 years' Corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including technical knowledge of and experience with U.S. multinational entities required
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required
- Experience with software programs such as, or similar to, SAP and ONESOURCE required
- CPA or MST preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #LI-AP1 #LI-AP1