Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Timken Housed Units Warehouse Associate (in Ferndale, WA) contributes to the operations of Production/Assembly, Urethane Manufacturing, and/or Packaging/Shipping/Receiving teams. The position displays developing knowledge and skill in all areas of manufacturing operations. The Warehouse Associate follows direction and supports an environment that is adaptable to growth, process change, and is in line with the business unit's goals and expected performance metrics.
These openings are for the day and afternoon shifts:
- Day Shift: 6am-2:30pm; 7am-3:30pm, or 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, depending on team assignment
- Afternoon Shift: 2:15pm-12:45am, Monday-Thursday. Afternoon Shift has an additonal $1/hr premium.
- Executes standard work instructions with accuracy and efficiency
- Promotes and maintains a safe work area at all times
- Performs and executes high quality workmanship in Assembly, Urethane, or PPS as assigned
- Provides high quality attention to detail in all aspects of duties
- Ensures thorough housekeeping and organization of work areas
- Wears required PPE and follows all company safety procedures, including safe lifting practices
- Proactively communicates issues, shortages, or problems to Warehouse Coordinators, Supervisors, and/or Customer Services Representatives
- Provides support and willingly rotates to other areas of the warehouse as needed and during fluctuating demand periods
- Adheres to 5s organizational standards
- Knowledge and ability to work with a wide variety of hand and light duty power tools
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy parts
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to handle stressful and demanding situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Adaptable to a diverse and changing work environment
- Strong communicate skills in both verbal and in writing form
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and determination
- Willingness to take initiative in solving problems
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination, background check, and drug test (including marijuana)
- Manufacturing/production/warehouse experience preferred
Licenses or Certifications
- Forklift Certification provided if necessary
General Physical Requirements
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates powered equipment
Warehouse work environment with moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dust, heat, fumes, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
Some machine operation (Forklift, oven, drill press) that poses a safety risk
Considerable physical activity. Must be able to lift 75 pounds (below shoulder height)
Environment involves some exposure to hazards and physical risks that require following basic safety precautions.
Some chemicals involved in urethane production pose a safety risk; proper precautions must be taken including personal protective equipment like protective clothing and respirators.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Candidates who receive a contingent Offer Letter of Employment must pass a pre-employment hair follicle drug test, which includes testing for marijuana. Timken is a federal contractor with requirements to meet federal regulations.