Your Career Begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry.
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Cone Drive, the Product Development Engineer leads engineering efforts, using strong technical and analytical skills to design, develop, and launch new industrial gearbox products and components.
- Leads efforts in the application of analytical skills, including handbook calculations and finite element analysis (FEA), to design commercial power transmission products, support product application engineering issues, implement engineering changes, and participate in value engineering activities.
- Conducts product ratings calculations including thermal capacity and stress limit load capacity for assemblies and components using approved internal or industry standard tools and methods. Is generally assigned to more complex programs/applications.
- Creates, collects, and synthesizes design alternatives to produce innovative solutions that satisfy requirements of product specifications.
- Solicits input from production, manufacturing engineering, and quality assurance throughout the design process to improve products and reduce costs.
- Works with suppliers to develop cost-effective products based on both new part designs and application of commercial power transmission components.
- Employs Solid Edge 3D CAD software to develop creative and accurate solutions for part and assembly designs.
- Applies project management skills to develop test plans, obtain prototypes, coordinate tests, and interpret results.
- Assists with product testing and leads efforts to solve design and manufacturing problems.
- Documents intellectual property, produces catalog data, and creates related technical support documents
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; MSME preferred
- 4 to 6 years of related exerience in product development
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.