Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for global operation activities. Responsible for driving the financial performance of the operations controlling group and ensuring that economic rigor is applied to the decision-making process. Drive proactive management of financial performance including timely analysis and execution of corrective actions. This includes efforts to reduce invested capital, improve cash flow, and drive continuous improvement in cost and productivity. Direct management is US only but the global part is working with all operations locations (Bearings, MPT, and TPS) on reporting and compliance items. Things like inventory cycle counting, physical inventory, and operations FP&A items like forecasting and monthly variance analysis.
- Manage and develop plant associates in the North America bearing finance organization
- Review monthly financials/KPI reporting related to the manufacturing plants in accordance with company policies and US GAAP
- Lead the preparation of the plants' business planning process, incorporating productivity and cost targets for both manufacturing and sourcing
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts and provide plant and operations leadership with insight and commentary for all major variances from both multiple scenarios
- Build a culture of associate engagement, accountability, and results orientation within the team
- Implement and improve business processes, systems to enhance visibility to the business controls, policies and procedures ensuring accounting supports operational goals with the highest level of confidence, integrity, and ethics
- Develop necessary inventory polices and controls to ensure integrity of financial statements across all global operations
- Serve as a lead contact for internal and external auditors
- Have flexibility to travel as needed
- Progressive financial experience, including strong operational controllership in manufacturing
- Strong variance and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and execute in a matrix organization
- Advanced Excel and SAP capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 10 years' relevant experience and 2 years' managing people. Experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred
- Master's degree in M.B.A., Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.