Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
*Part-time Role with Max of 28 hours per week*
- Solve problems of supply within manufacturing capacity and interval constraints. Interface directly with the manufacturing facility to resolve supply problems; interface directly with Customer Service to resolve customer service issues; interface directly with component Supply Chain to resolve material/component shortages.
- Achieve established OE and Aftermarket customer service related goals for Availability to Request, OTD to Promise, and Stock-In rates.
- Achieve established statistical safety stock inventory levels to minimize impact of supply and demand variability on the above listed service performance metrics.
- Achieve established financial goals for finished inventory in dollars and/or Days to adjust for demand volume.
- This work involves:
- Being able to review the customer demand for product through SAP and having working knowledge of the specific production operations at the various manufacturing plants to interpret this demand into how much and where this product should be produced.
- Review of production planning schedules with the planning and leadership at the mfg. facilities to drive the sequence and intervals in which parts are produced. This may result in the constant adjustment of production schedules to meet demand targets.
- Requires the ability to understand when to go to the plant to request more or less and make the necessary adjustments. The volatility of the changes can create a result that is better than planned or worse, but the planner must rely on historical data and work with the system and scheduling to adjust accordingly.
- This work involves:
- Must have prior Timken Supply Chain Experience
- Part-time work with a max of 28 hours per week
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.