Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Production Control Coordinator is responsible for Material Requirements Planning and the administration of production orders, including: checking component availability, releasing production orders to the shop floor and monitoring their progress.
- Control priorities during the dispatching process and make any necessary schedule adjustments to meet customer requirements.
- Perform work order dispatching functions including planning, prioritizing, solving bottleneck issues, and working with supervisors and area process managers to ensure production schedules are met.
- Execute proper schedule sequence during the dispatching process. Issue work order packets in proper sequence.
- Maintain schedule status using visual scheduling boards and other scheduling methods.
- Coordinate temporary routing changes.
- Coordinate scrap replacement scheduling in departments.
- Monitor work center schedule performance, identify significant deviations and communicate to supervision.
- Conduct past due reviews of schedule boards and work to solve problems.
- Notify Supervisor of significant changes to planned schedules.
- Assist in maintenance and review of assembly schedule boards.
- Review and communicate schedule impact of down equipment.
- Continuous Improvement: Generate and implement ideas resulting in continuous improvement and elimination of waste.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Experience in vendor negotiation, vendor management, and cost control methods
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- MRP, ERP experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Previous Lovejoy experience preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.