Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Customer Service/ Supply Chain Analyst based out of New Haven, CT regional service center. The purpose of this position is to support all customer-related and supply chain activities related to in-house orders as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Generating Quotes & Purchasing:
- Gather and record cost information from historical data, supplier quotes, and internal manufacturing resources; creat cost estimates and apply appropriate margins to costs to create quote
- Ensure that customer commercial terms and conditions and quality requirements are properly negotiated and included in order entry information and that the service center complies with those requirements
- Plan, negotiate, buy and expedite service and material requirements for each order with both outside vendors and internal resources
- Ensure consistent cross regional pricing is applied to quotes using history
Primary Customer Support Contact:
- Primary liason maintaining relationships between customers and internal production resources
- Coordination of customer visits based on customer needs and requirements
- Generate order progress reports as requested by customer
- Support Engineering in creating Bill of Materials and parts specifications
- Coordinates and assures timely response to all customer needs and requests. Guide plean for on-time delivery
- Function in a teamwork atmosphere for all endeavors
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret data
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products and working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Epicor)
- Direct experience in supply chain responsibilities - sourcing, planning, inventory management, etc.
- Cognitive ability and inclination to solve problems and will recommend specific/ innovative changes to effect improved effencies
- Applicant must have 5+ years of customer service/ supply chain experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), and strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.