The Campus Director is responsible for overall operations and management of multiple facilities on the Carson campus. This includes both transload and distribution accounts servicing numerous customers. Furthermore, this role supports the Sr Director in formulating and administering the SOP's necessary for operational execution for our clients, done either directly or through subordinate managers.
Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
- Participates in conference calls with customers
- Ensures productivity targets are established and communicated to the staff
- Perform time studies and continuous improvement activities in order to streamline operations.
- Shares best practices among buildings
- Host daily meetings to ensure communication and teamwork are performed at high levels
- Establishes and maintains standard operating procedures by account
- Management of the daily financials by account and by building
- Handle month end closing activities
- Reviews claims activity and establishes procedures that minimize Yusen's exposure.
- Ensures that all warehouse operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Creates an atmosphere that promotes employee engagement.
- Conducts performance evaluations of Yusen employees and recommends promotion, wage increases and other performance related actions
- Partner with temporary agencies to align with the company's goals
- Reviews facility Safety performance and ensure compliance on required items and injury reduction goals
- Responsible for the direction of exempt staff who will supervise a mix of both exempt and non-exempt Yusen employees and temporary associates.
- Conduct periodic walk throughs of all facilities for compliance with company policies
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- At least ten (10) years of logistics experience at the management level.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information .
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world's largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. ("YLA" or "the Company") is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.