Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
For new product and/or process start-up projects, assist in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems. Train new plant Quality team, and lead the actions required to achieve brand approval and/or industry specific certifications. This position works in a matrix organization, by participation in cross functional project effort to plan, build, equip, and launch new product and process start-up operations. Functional collaboration includes Product Design, Product Management, Manufacturing Advancement, Quality Advancement, Technology Center and Supply Chain. Once the Quality Management System is established, this position works closely with the Plant Quality Managers and Quality Engineers to maintain quality compliance, address customer and/or internal complaints and assist in internal and external quality audits.
- Enable suitable, adequate, and effective Quality Management System implementation at the plants
- Lead and work closely with a Quality Project/Workstream team(s).
- Through interaction with Manufacturing Advancement, assure that installed assets have acceptable process capability
- Through interaction with Manufacturing Advancement, Manufacturing, Technology Center, assure that installed gauging methods are appropriate and effective
- Enable the achievement of industry specific certifications (e.g. ISO, AS, TS, NADCAP)
- Achieve customer approvals and certification as required
- Achieve Timken brand approval, by demonstrating compliance to Business and Quality systems, demonstrated process capability for key processes, adherence to dimensional specifications, appropriate material selection, acceptable product marking, evidence of Outgoing Quality Audit, and appropriate product performance level determined (bearing rating)
Desired Technical/Functional Skills
- Basic awareness of New Product or Process launch
- Computer technical skills
- English written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to achieve Quality Certification (e.g. Lead Auditor, CQM, CQE)
- Project Management skills
- Basic knowledge in Product Design
- Previous exposure to Manufacturing Process Design, Gauge design, Quality System
- Familiarity with Problem Solving and Six Sigma methodologies
- Bachelor of Engineering and/or related degree with 4+ years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.