Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a welder responsible for performing all related tasks including full penetration welding on different materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel, able to prep his own work by performing fitting and tack weld, able to read blueprints and sketches. Experience with weld procedures on SMAW(STICK), GMAW(MIG), GTAW(TIG) required. Familiarity with the American National Standards (such as AWS D1.1 through AWS D1.6 or ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX), military welding procedures principles, symbols for welding, gas metal arc welding, oxyacetylene, plasma, cutting and carbon arc, shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, blueprint reading, SMAW adv. structural/pre-pipe, SMAW pipe fitting and layout, fabrication and repair, SMAW uphill pipe preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in ITAR environment
- Read and speak English fluently
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.