Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Experienced CNC Machinist position is a key member of the Shop team responsible for producing high quality parts. This position is a full-time position based in Ferndale, WA on our night shift (10:00pm-6:30am, M-F). Timken provides competitive pay and benefits (including 401k) that start on your first day. The starting wage for this position is commensurate with experience and transferable skills and abilities, ranging from $27.00-$30.00/hr with an additional $1.50/hr premium for the night shift. We are also offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus ($500 paid at 6 months; $500 paid at 12 months).
- Modify and write programs for CNC mills and lathes.
- Set up and operate mills and lathes.
- Run production, monitoring parts and equipment to ensure accurate high quality parts are made safely and as efficiently as possible.
- Skilled with CMM and other standard measuring instruments
- Skilled with blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of finished parts, GT&D experience a plus
- Complete required paperwork including but not limited to production batches, work orders, time sheets, maintenance log, and transfer sheets.
- Follow safe machine shop practices and directions, asking questions as needed to do the assigned work
- Contribute ideas to improve manufacturing processes
- Inform shop lead of situations that may pose a significant risk to the products, facilities and employee safety or customer satisfaction.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- CNC machinist with 8-10 years machine shop experience
- Experience with Mazak, Milltonics, and/or Mori Seiki controls
- Manual machine experience
- Comfortable with lathe and mill setup and operation
- Ability to measure English and metric numbers with shop-provided gauges and established procedures
- Ability to review and work from production schematics and engineering drawings
- Math skills, including understanding of fractions, decimals and the metric system
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Window-based programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a federal contractor, Timken does require pre-employment hair follicle drug testing, which includes marijuana as a banned substance.