Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists within the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Team to provide overall bearing component gauging and inspection solutions for the company, and to support deployment of the technology into our global bearing manufacturing facilities. The focus of the responsibilities will be on noise and vibration testing, commercial and custom electronic gauging equipment, and other latest technology gauging solutions.
The Precision Engineering skilled candidate will be involved in developing and supporting new metrology and gauging processes for all aspects of roller bearing component and assembly inspection. They will work closely with global manufacturing plants and other internal departments, such as Corporate Product Design, Quality, and Technology (R&D) teams.
- CORPORATE NVH ENGINEER - Support manufacturing NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) activities related to bearing noise/vibration testing. Provides investment solutions, equipment deployment/installation support, and global plant troubleshooting for any bearing related sound test analysis. Supports NVH customer investigations in conjunction with Corporate Quality and Technology Departments.
- GAUGING SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME) - Become the Corporate SME for electronic bearing inspection processes such as Roundness, Form, Optical, and Surface Finish gauging. Provides training and mechanical/electrical troubleshooting assistance to global manufacturing engineering and plant teams.
- GAUGING STRATEGY - Participates in developing the corporate gauging strategy and cost reduction (CI) efforts. Stays abreast of new gauging, inspection, and metrology technology and is involved in providing recommendations for quality or cost reduction opportunities.
- MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS - Applies mathematical and statistical skills for analysis in evaluating gauging system performance including Gauge R&R studies.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Ability to specify, procure, evaluate, develop, optimize, and deploy gauging inspection solutions for our global manufacturing locations to assure product quality.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Leads, plans, controls budget, and provides regular project updates. Ability to formally summarize accomplishments, status, and issues in presentation and report formats, and work in a team environment.
- NEW PRODUCTS - Develops solutions for inspection methodologies in support of new product launches.
- TRAVEL - willingness to travel both domestically and internationally to Timken manufacturing plants and/or supplier locations - required periodically (occasionally for extended durations) at approximately 25%, depending on active projects.
- Understanding of Noise and Vibration theory preferrably as it applies to bearing related defect frequencies.
- Bearing component measurement systems and methods - electrical and mechanical preferred.
- Basic machine control systems (both software and hardware), troubleshooting, and system integration knowledge.
- Manufacturing background - bearing technology preferred.
- New commercial gauging/metrology technology awareness.
- Proven deployment experience of gauging systems.
- Ability to read basic electrical schematics.
- Microsoft Office Suite (EXCEL/ACCESS/POWERPOINT/WORD) applications.
- Technical/analytical software applications such as MATLAB, LABVIEW, JMP (statistical analysis).
- Familiarization with ISO Inspection Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Controls (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience, or master's degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- USA Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Precision engineering/metrology experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.