Desktop Support Technician is responsible for ensuring continuity of endpoint system services for users by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install and support endpoint applications, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems. Provides complex technical support for end-user clients. Troubleshoots problem areas and performs on-site or remote, repair, and installation on desktops, laptops, printers, and other related peripheral devices. Supports mobile workforce. Performs user training.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves highly complex desktop computer problems.
- Performs patch management including testing and deployment
- Designs and deploys endpoint images as needed
- Installs equipment and software.
- Performs system administration for endpoint solutions.
- Provides highly complex technical support to clients.
- Acts as key contact for internal IT groups in support of technical problem resolutions.
- Monitors network access, addresses data security, password generation and file access to forecast potential access risks.
- Assists in developing corporate standards for endpoint applications and hardware and conducting reviews to ensure compliance to standards.
- Develops and produces installation documentation for the most complex applications.
- Participates in off shift on call rotation with other team members as needed.
- Proactively monitors Service Desk queue for endpoint and site related tickets.
- Performs application software integration and testing to ensure that all software, hardware and communication networks operate properly together
- Active Directory user, computer, and group maintenance
- Administers internet access and services, which includes internal and external security.
- Monitors software asset licensing to ensure compliance.
- Cover Service Desk in short staffing situations.
- Performs endpoint asset management for equipment lifecycle
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred, in a technical or computer related field of study, or equivalent related experience.
- 4+ years experience performing increasingly senior level desktop hardware, software, and operating systems support.
- Understanding and experience with current Miscrosoft and Apple operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office, including operation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management including procurement and security.
- Extensive knowledge of configuration, support, and failure analysis of major OEM (primarily Dell) desktop systems hardware and peripherals (common manufacturers) .
- General understanding server computing, networking, phone setup / support, storage, virtualization, and business applications.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
- Experience with asset lifecycle management and procurement.
- Experience with endpoint patching and security.
- Ability to work shifts of at least (8) hour, and occasionally longer, (5) days per week.
- Ability to work in cold/hot/dusty/loud environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision as a primary onsite IT member.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as required/assigned.
- Travel between facilities (if applicable) or overnight as required.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedules.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor user IT support
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.