The position will serve as the Head of Healthcare Industry Vertical within the organizations Business Development Group. The role will work with senior management other key Stakeholders to create Yusen Americas' Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industry Vertical development strategy, aligned with Yusen's Global Healthcare strategy and Yusen's Global product development plan.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and enhance Yusen USA & America's business development/operational teams with Healthcare and Pharmaceutical vertical development strategy for current and prospective customers.
- Attract and retain healthcare (New) business to achieve mutually agreed upon business development metrics and objectives for assigned accounts and for the Healthcare Business Development team.
- Produce new business with key local or regional Healthcare customers in collaboration with the existing BD teams as well as an Individual Contributor. Focus on a regional approach and leverage all product offerings within the company's different business groups.
- Create Yusen America's Healthcare and Pharmaceutical vertical development strategy and budget, with alignment to Yusen's GHQs Global Healthcare strategy, and Yusen GHQ'S product development direction.
- Prepare presentations and materials in conjunction with Yusen's Marketing team to promote, development and growth in Yusen's Americas Healthcare and Pharmaceutical vertical.
- Work with the company's leaders to ensure business development opportunities are approached holistically as a regional customer would expect, without any natural silo considerations.
- Represent the company at industry-based trade shows and network events as appropriate.
- Utilize Yusen's CRM tool to monitor and track pipeline activity in the Americas Healthcare and Pharmaceutical sector for the Healthcare Business Development Team.
- Collect and record Yusen's performance results in the Americas Healthcare and Pharmaceutical sector
- Maintain ongoing clear communications and reporting (monthly) with Yusen's Head of Business Development and Yusen GHQ Healthcare Head
Qualifications Education and Experience
- At least five years of experience working in Healthcare Business Development within the Logistics and Supply Chain industry.
- Previous experience managing a business development team preferred.
- Proven ability to work and navigate the internal mechanisms of a large Regional & Global organization to build consensus and execute deliverables as requested.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills required, particularly with presenting business development opportunities to external customers.
- Proven ability to build relationships with external stakeholders to accelerate the company's business development efforts within the healthcare vertical.
- Ability to coach and manage direct reports to enhance their performance and career development.
- Previous experience using CRM software required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports, working in various software systems including Microsoft Office.
- Work outside of normal business hours (9-5) to attend to customer's needs.
- Travel overnight as required up to 40% of the time.
- Review and analyze data to make recommendations to leadership.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.