Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Performs a variety of operations related to the heat treating of production parts
- Maintains production and quality of parts by operating the following units: wheelabrator, fixture loading process, cranes and other parts-moving equipment.
- Responsible for start-up, control and shut-down of all of the above pieces of equipment.
- Load and unloads tempering baskets, flats, carborizing fixtures, deep freeze fixtures, etc.
- Correlates and moves parts to proper locations.
- Must be able to operate wheelabrators, cranes and basic hand tools.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools and equipment, observance of safety regulations, and maintaining a neat and orderly work area.
- Responsible for identifying the missing correlated items and helping to expedite them in the Heat Treat area.
1) Ability to read basic instructions and daily charts.
2) Demonstrated ability to perform simple shop math.
3) Work with equipment involving the movement of heavy parts.
4) Ability to follow heat treat procedures and steps to perform this job.
5) Basic mechanical understanding of performing fixture loading and operation of wheelabrator.
6) Must follow proper safety procedures.
7) Willing to work shift and work over-time.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but it does not list all the duties and requirements of the job taken into account in the factor evaluation.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.