Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
iMS, a company in the Timken family of brands, is looking for a Project Expeditor. This position will provide support for the daily operation of key departments within Rollon- iMS. This person will ensure a smooth transition of daily deliveries and shipments. The Project Expeditor will work closely with vendors and the purchasing manager.
Intelligent Machine Solutions, Inc. (iMS) is a locally-owned, Michigan designer and manufacturer of standard and custom machinery, primarily for the automation industry and across many applications. The company was started in 2008 to provide solutions, engineered and manufactured in the USA, to the under-served industrial automation markets. IMS processes have been developed from decades of experience in tier one automation and machine tool design and build, providing us with the perfect mix of knowledge to build machine tool grade products for the automation industry.
- Engineering: IMS' in house engineering group works with SolidWorks 3D design software. We can take your concept, and turn it into reality.
- Fabrication: IMS' in house fabrication group utilize state of the art welding equipment, as well as custom welding fixtures to produce the best quality weldments.
- Machining: IMS' in house machining group utilize custom CNC mills (8 meter and 12 meter), CAD to path programming, and quality cutting tools to machine more accurately than any other machinery manufacturer.
- Assembly & Installation: IMS' assembly group puts the finishing touch on all of our machines. Putting multiple welded and machined parts together to produce easy to assemble machinery for our customers.
Primary Job Functions:
- Load/Unload all trucks
- Receive items into inventory management software
- Check orders upon arrival ensuring correct quality and quantity
- Check any processed steel items and outsourced items to print
- Label and receive all incoming raw materials to proper location(s) specified
- Work with purchasing manager on inventory adjustments
- Coordinate outgoing shipments
- Prepare pack lists, labels, and customs documentation for all shipments
- Chronicle incoming/outgoing items
- Follow up on open/late purchase orders
- Keep database up to date with current deliveries from vendors
- Communication to project manager regarding material schedules
- Staging all materials for projects
- Organize assembly and crib areas
- Coordinate tooling inventory
Required skills and experience:
- Forklift proficiency is required.
- CDL license of chauffeur license is preferred.
- High School Graduate or Equivalant.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.