Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for overseeing associates in various manufacturing departments responsible for the production of Belts for the Springfield plant.
- Manage activities, processes and strategic plans of the company that support the vision, marketing, and financial objectives.
- Analyze processes and procedures to produce maximum service with minimal downtime.
- Manage employee relations including hiring, disciplinary action, training, coaching and counseling
- Record and approve employee time and attendance.
- Record and manage data within appropriate timelines.
- Utilize computer skills, including data entry and database management.
- Provide oral and written communication across various levels of the company.
- Drive results and continuous improvement in the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Practical knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma strategies
- Self motivated with effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Practice a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office programs
- High school diploma or GED and
- 5 or more years of manufacturing experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.