Lovejoy, a company within the Timken family of brands, is hiring Maintenance Technicians.
Industrial Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing repair and maintenance on equipment in a plant, along with the building and grounds. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. The hours and physical demand may vary from day to day.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess good working knowledge with all levels of welding and cutting equipment required to perform industrial maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Minimum Five (4) years' experience in welding metal fabrication, and completion of 2 year technical training program.
- Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
- Must be familiar with electrical PPE such as arc flash suit, insulated gloves, and tools.
- Must have the skills to properly use voltage test equipment.
- Must have the skills to identify exposed energized electrical components and conductors
- Must have the skills to determine the nominal voltage of exposed energized electrical components and conductors
- Must understand and identify the applicable approach distance for the voltage in which they will be exposed (NFPA 70 E Tables)
- Must possess the decision making ability to determine the level of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to safely perform the task
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to obtain certificate to operate powered industrial lift trucks.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Minimum of 4 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment; associates degree preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.