Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
Engineering is fundamental to our mission of using our knowledge to make the world's industries work better. This position serves a critical function in ensuring our New Philadelphia Bearing Plant meets and exceeds its manufacturing performance targets for safety, customer service, quality, productivity, and cost.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer position supports business plan objectives by providing engineering and project management necessary for implementing projects that are large and complex. This person also develops new technologies while supporting plant production, quality control, and continuous improvement needs. This position reports to the Manager of Quality Advancement and Engineering
and works closely with the plant's operations team.
Success in this position requires a broad and proven background in manufacturing engineering, project management, innovation, problem-solving and communication.
- Provide solutions to daily engineering-related problems in the areas of production, quality control, and continuous improvement.
- Design new or modify existing machinery where no existing solution or cost-competitive options are available.
- Seek out and manage contractors and suppliers as new technologies are implemented.
- Manage multiple projects that involve the delegation of work elements to other engineers, analysts, operative associates, and contractors.
- Define and create business cases for continuous improvement projects.
- Provide data-based problem solving using advanced statistics and controlled experiments.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Direct experience and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, gauging, controls, and mechanical and electrical design principles
- Advanced project management skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in CAD/DAM
- Above-average Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering, plus 4 years' relevant experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.