Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this position is to maintain, enhance and standardize the purchase-to-pay business process and systems across Timken's SAP facilities. This includes creation of standard work for purchasing processes, P2P training, compliance auditing, creation and tracking of key performance indicators, conducting spend analyses, and commodity market research support.
1. Supplier Relationship Management Support - As an administer, maintain process documents, and train associates on purchasing procedures. Assist IT with troubleshooting when necessary. Lead cross functional transition activities to Ariba.
2. Data Quality Management Support - Ensure the materials that are setup in SAP are in accordance with best practices for external purchases and provide training when necessary.
3. Purchasing Performance Reviews - Gather and prepare information and data from the global purchasing team to present in a power point format to managers and leaders in the organization.
4. Ariba Spend Analysis - Maintain and enhance the data integrity of global external purchases for comprehensive analysis purposes. Work with the Ariba team on improvement efforts and periodically train associates.
5. Supplier Scorecard Process - Engage various global departments that provide input into a supplier's scorecard. Gather and organize that information to present to suppliers via Ariba.
6. Purchasing Business Planning Coordinator - Lead the Purchasing team through the business planning timeline to ensure milestones are met. Oversee the data integrity of the tactics database, provide training, and prepare presentations for organizational review.
7. Perform other ad hoc activities in support of P2P continuity, compliance, and improvements.
- Working knowledge of the SAP purchasing process
- Cross functional team building
- Presentation/public speaking
- Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel & PowerPoint)
- Data gathering, organization and analysis
Minimum qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance/Supply chain with at least 3-5 years' experience with Purchasing Analytics
- Master's in Business/Finance/Supply chain with at least 2 years' experience with Purchasing Analytics
- Knowledge of SAP/MRP, Analytical tools
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.