Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full time Warehouse Manager to work for our Indianapolis, IN office. The hours for this position will be 1PM-10PM. Must be available to work weekends as needed.
- Overseeing inbound and outbound dock operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring safety of staff.
- Motivating and disciplining staff.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles/trailers.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- 2+ years warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to withstand adverse climate conditions.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Managing People Novice
Confronting Others Novice
Ability to Work Under Pressure Novice
Supervising Employees Novice