The purpose of this position is to provide Hub Management services for the Americas region offices and vendors, US Export Coordination and Destination Delivery Management services for all US bound freight, ensuring data quality and data presence to customers as specified in service agreements, customer procedures or Company's guidelines.
Responsibilities Must be able to work independently and use discretion and judgement in making decisions on behalf of Yusen and the client.
- The Hub Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining positive relations with origin and destination clients and their partners, while overseeing operational issues to ensure they are effectively resolved by relevant parties. In this role they are accountable for communicating with clients as needed and providing service information and answers to other general questions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform and manage PO/Vendor compliance, vendor training and assistance. Book with Ocean/Air Carriers based on Customer's Carrier Allocation within the required ship window, in addition to monitoring timely system updates. Monitor receipt & accuracy of all documentation from carrier(s) prior to sending to the customer's Customs House Broker and perform system updates to provide the customer with shipment visibility. Also responsible for reporting shipments details to HQ teams for US origin charges invoicing.
- Maintain customer desk procedures based on designated ocean carrier/NVO's and trucker matrix and serve as a liaison between customers and their assigned partners.
- Perform destination management services to monitor customer's allocated ocean carriers for cargo arriving in the US and Canada for timely and accurate destination events, i.e., Vessel Revised ETA's, ATA, Vessel Unloads, Available, Gate Out, and Return Empty dates for customer visibility and work with Customs House Brokers on no Customs Release and Agency Hold issues 3-5 days prior to port of discharge to prevent delivery delays.
- Monitor timely container retrieval from ocean ports and rail facilities based on free time to minimize demurrage charges. Prioritize first in first Out (FIFO) protocol to ensure that the empty containers are returned to the Port/Rail facilities before accruing detention charges. Approve/Reject and Mitigate demurrage and detention charges on the Client's behalf.
- Generate and monitor various internal reports from YL and others' proprietary systems. Daily communications both verbally and written with YL origin/destination offices and internal/external customers. Provide immediate response to daily e-mail communications. Monitor receipt & measure data accuracy of EDI transmittal to the customer.
- Provide the customer and their truckers with container status to ensure that import shipments arriving in the US and Canada are delivered the customer's Distribution Centers in a timely manner. Tasks will also include monitoring container first in first out (FIFO) protocol to ensure that empty containers are returned to the Port/Rail facilities timely.
The above responsibilities document the major levels and scope of work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
Basic Computer knowledge
Ocean or Freight Forward Experience Preference
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Strong written and verbal communication
Education and Experience: Some college preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of Ocean or Freight Forwarder experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization, customers, and the public.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The employee must frequently sit doing tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The job also requires some time each day spent standing and walking. Employee must have ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus while working.
Work Environment: Duties of the job are frequently performed in a temperature-controlled office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to dirt, fumes and odors. The employee is seasonally exposed to heat, cold, and humidity as well as marked changes in temperature between the office and warehouse environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws