Directs the operations, sales, customer service, accounting, personnel and facility control of a branch location; supervises branch operations in accordance with the policies and procedures established by Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing profitability of the branch.
- Confers with customers to evaluate and promote services in all areas impacting customer Service.
- Plans all sales and marketing activities in conjunction or consultation with the RVP and the Corporate Sales Department.
- Develops plans for efficient use of company resources (office equipment, supplies, vehicles and facility). Maintain them in good order.
- Responsible for securing suitable warehouse/office space, in conjunction with Yusen's Planning
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service, business conduct, and operations control in accordance with corporate policy and motto: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation.
- Accountable for all checks issuance at branch in accordance with company policies.
- Conducts proper auditing of all expenditures.
- Responsible for branch budget preparation and execution in accordance with Region and Corporate guidance.
- Ensures continuous and satisfied communication with all other Yusen offices, domestic and international.
- Maintains follow-up procedures for collection of past due invoices.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and high-standard service provider resource for the branch operations such as air & ocean carriers, trucking, local service agents and suppliers. Review and negotiate on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices and services are provided.
- Report and conduct thorough investigations for any service failures, accidents misconducts, security issues or claims to the concerned Dept. for immediate support and/or response.
- Ensure all personnel abide by ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures, and TAPA, C-TPAT, TSA requirements.
- Manages branch employees: hires, terminates; determines salaries and promotions after consultation with HR. Responsible for performance evaluations and goal setting for management staff in the branch.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Associates' Degree plus seven or more years' related experience in freight forwarding (export, import, sales).
- Prior supervisor/management experience required.
- Must have knowledge of export/import operations and regulations,
- Handling of dangerous goods; carrier requirements, letters of credit, NVOCC, perishables, duty drawbacks and accounting principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.