Pricing analysts will be working with complex data sets to help Pilot determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and help reach revenue goals. Pricing analysts are also responsible for keeping up to date on market trends within the transportation industry, in order to help advise on potential changes in pricing strategies that could help the company.
- Tariff development
- Preparation and maintenance for national agreements and selected local agreements
- Completion of associated RFQ/RFP documents
- Analysis of transportation expenses.
- Understanding of internal, and external vendor and carrier rate agreements and be able to apply such rates to data sets.
- Identify ideal pricing structures and sales funnels
- Draft strategic pricing plans and processes to improve existing accounts/projects
- Create reports reflecting metrics and project status, objectives and barriers
- Communicates findings effectively to appropriate parties
- Address issues raised by team members relating to pricing suggestions and concerns
- Strong knowledge of transportation industry including market trends
- Keen eye for identifying opportunities for growth
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective reporting and presenting skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or a minimum of five years' experience in transportation industry
- Two years of experience in a pricing analyst field, transportation industry a plus
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may be remote for the right employee.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Bachelors or better.
Analytical Skills Advanced
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Intermediate
MS Word Intermediate
2-5 years: Transportation Industry