Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Power Systems, Philadelphia Gear brand, is seeking a IT Technician responsible for supporting the business system hardware and peripheral software in a manufacturing environment. The IT Technician will provide initial "helpdesk" support and IT administration for business systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist/perform IT individual/team assignments for business systems hardware and peripheral software with objectives met by the deadlines required.
- Build and install PCs, laptops, telephone systems, wireless networks, etc.
- Install and maintain peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones related to desktop infrastructure in accordance with department standards.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding incidents and requests. Identify, log and resolve technical problems related to desktop and networking.
- Maintain installed PC's, networks, telephone systems and peripherals performing routine maintenance.
- Identify potential changes and improvements to present to your team leader for consideration and implementation.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Prior experience in computer support and technical troubleshooting
- Ability to understand security requirements and administration of security
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and ability to develop training and standard work/forms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects/tasks and meet required deadlines
- Interpersonal skill set; ability to work with all levels and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- US Citizen
- High School Diploma OR equivalent
- IT Technical certificate OR a minimum of 3 years of IT Help Desk experience required
- Associates degree (IT/Business-related) preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.