Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
Supply chain excellence is all about service. It's about our agility and our ability to respond and get our products in the right hands at the right time. This position serves a critical function in ensuring our Gambrinus Roller Plant meets and exceeds our production schedule requirements for satisfying both internal and external customer demand.
The Senior Supply Chain Analyst position exists to provide co-ordination and management of schedules/materials to meet customer demand and production schedules while maintaining inventory targets, plant capacity, and meeting the necessary plant metrics. This position reports to the Manager of Supply Chain and is directly responsible for developing, communicating, and overseeing plant production schedules, as well as working as a key operations team member for ongoing problem-solving and process improvements.
Success in this position requires a broad and proven background in customer service, supply chain methodologies, SAP, data analysis, decision making and communication.
- Master Scheduling
- Schedule, maintain, and load the schedules that flow through assigned MRP controllers to meet customer demand. Analyze material delivery and move orders into customer request where possible.
- Review schedules at set intervals to make sure all materials are still on track to hit customer promise date and, if not, engage suppliers to improve delivery to meet expectations.
- Align operative production schedules to meet the prescribed inventory targets while maintaining a level-loaded capacity that is at the planned level.
- Customer Service
- Quote deliveries through customer service and direct communication with some customers.
- Ensure proper resources are allocated to prioritize and complete expedites. Lead the communication trail both internal and external.
- Follow up on expedites that flow through assigned MRP controllers.
- Determine plants requirements to work with and provide direction to other Timken facilities on demand needs and requirement dates for rollers.
- Manage the plant returns process. This applies to returns from customers and our returns to vendors/suppliers.
- Obtain/maintain all the necessary traceability documentation for manufactured materials. This includes communication with vendors/suppliers.
- Key contributor for cycle count process and physical inventory process.
- Provide solutions and problem solve through TMOS (Timken Management Operating System) principles.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Customer service mindset
- Direct experience with scheduling, customer service and materials requirement planning
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of SAP
- Ability to interpret and analyze data from SAP and make appropriate decisions
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Associate's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related, plus 6 years' relevant experience; or
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related, plus 4 years' relevant experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.