Pilot Freight Services - Last Mile is seeking an Operations Coordinator to work at our embedded Louisville, KY office for a large retail home delivery customer.
The Home Delivery Operations Coordinator will report directly to the Last Mile Home Delivery Operations Manager, but will work closely with several other team members throughout all stages of the local and regional delivery service. The operations coordinator is responsible for assisting the manager with daily planning and monitoring the overall operations of delivery and return orders.
This person must be someone who can execute to a prescribed process in the most efficient manner. They must be able to contribute and have an impact on driving customer service performance contributing to the overall success of Pilot's retail client in a warehouse environment.
The operations coordinator is responsible for assisting the manager with daily planning and monitoring the overall operations of delivery and return orders. Work closely with warehouse staff and provide direction for pulling returns from warehouse locations. Communicate throughout the day with delivery teams and address customer service issues.
- Assist with oversight of the load out and returns process
- Delivery route monitoring during periods of operations
- Establish & communicate team assignments for routing
- Coordinate between delivery teams and facility staff with resolving customer service issues
- Other duties as required to ensure operational goals are met
- Detail Oriented
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic home delivery operation
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Able to multitask during emergent scenarios
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks without guidance
- Time management
- Thrive under pressure
- Friendly and approachable personality
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years transportation routing/dispatching/warehouse preferred
This is a mostly administrative position in a warehouse office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and PC is required. Position may require some remote work at times as operations require.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
MS Word Intermediate
EXCEL BASIC Intermediate
Customer service experience Intermediate
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Intermediate
1-3 years transportation routing/dispatching/warehouse
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: