Principal/Specialist - NDE
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides scientific and technical oversight of developments and applications regarding nondestructive evaluation (NDE) for the Timken Company and its products. In particular, this position will focus on the use of electro-magnetic techniques such as magnetic particle, eddy current and Barkhausen Noise Testing for product quality assurance and process monitoring to ensure finished products meet performance requirements. This position contributes to innovations regarding the application of NDE to enhance the Timken Company's technical capabilities and competencies for creation of value and strategic advantage.
- Develop test methods for prototype or first-time manufactured components with characteristics uncommon to standard product. Work with or develop new technologies to assess Timken products non-destructively.
- Provide technical expertise on issues surrounding NDE; both in the testing of products and manufacturing process capabilities.
- Balance the requirements of various end users and compile into standard testing procedures acceptable meeting corporate standards as well as customer requirements.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Understanding of electromagnetic theory and practice
- Exposure to non-destructive test methods; particularly electromagnetic methods
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced analytic and computer skills for analysis and communications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics and 10 years of relevant NDE work experience, or
- Master's degree in Engineering or Physics and 5 years of relevant NDE work experience, or
- PhD in Engineering or Physics, with concentration in NDE
- NDE industry certifications
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law