Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to support direct and indirect functions and activities in the prototype department to permit the production of products and services to achieve department and company goals.
- Associate will proficiently perform all of the set ups and operations and in one or more of the following areas: Prototype machining, heat treatment, grind, coatings, forming, inspection. logistics, engineering or other Prototype operations.
- Perform design/modification/build as part of projects. Ability to perform specific tests or operations, and standard, predetermined analysis and tasks. Maintain records and report data for processes and operations. Makes decisions necessary to complete specific duties.
- Work instruction is usually given from supervision or engineering. They can be specific or broad assignments.
- Knowledge of computers (including CAD, unigraphics or other appropriate programs), hand tools, gages are needed.
- Work as a member of a team under supervision of leadership to meet on-time delivery goals and to provide necessary assistance to meet customer demands. Assist in training associates on applicable processes, tasks and operations
- Participate in current quality systems, calibration, and audits.
- Offline programming knowledge- use of cad systems
- Apprenticeship or other Technical training program in mechanical trade
- Ability to measure and calculate with use of micrometers and other hand tools
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma and atleast five year's of experience in a mechanical trade or an Associates Degree with atleast 3 year's experience in a mechanical trade
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.