Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Maintenance Supervisor serves to oversee and manage all activities associated with maintenance of the plant. The associate will be responsible for implementation and ongoing management of systems and resources to ensure the functionality, repair, maintenance, modification and upkeep as required of the manufacturing equipment and plant. This position will supervise and provide technical direction to the maintenance associates, such as electrical technicians, mechanics, and machine repair. In addition, the position will manage sub-contractors engaged in the maintenance and modification of equipment and will be responsible for all associated contracts and purchase orders. This position will also make sure that all maintenance activities are performed following the safety rules and all the legal requirements.
- Execute strategic direction as communicated by the Engineering & Technical Service Manager while ensuring effective utilization of resources in the advancement of the maintenance organization.
- Manage staffing plans, performance, and training for direct reports.
- Coordinate resources to minimize equipment downtime and timely completion of actions.
- Ensure a safe working environment, including safety training & PPE requirements and work on implementing the appropriate safety procedures.
- Conduct regular safety and housekeeping audits of work areas and follow up on all issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventative maintenance strategy for manufacturing equipment. This program should include a review of all equipment, identify resource requirements, identify a process for engaging operations personnel in routine maintenance.
- Support the Engineering & Technical Service Manager in tracking failure metrics (plant KPIs).
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment.
- Identify short term and long-term needs and assist the Engineering & Technical Service Manager in establishing resources and capital plans to meet these needs.
- Manage the activities of outside contractors and sub-contractors for equipment installation, equipment modifications and maintenance.
- Reduce waste by identifying and improving value added and eliminating non-value-added tasks.
- Manage the maintenance function and the suppliers, delivering good quality service always trying to reduce costs in order to meet BP targets.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a plant /manfacturing environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong leadership and performance management
- Proficiency with MS Office
- SAP/MS Project experience
- Planning skills to minimize equipment downtime and coordinating equipment shutdown
- Proficient knowledge of planned maintenance tools
- Be able to read engineering drawings
High School Diploma and or BACHELOR of Business/Technical/Mechanical/Engineering
MASTER of Business/Technical/Mechanical/Engineering
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.