We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
The CNC Machinist is a CNC machine set up position for 2nd shift for milling. This position utilizes the machinist's skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes utilizing vertical and horizontal multi-axis milling and turning machines to produce precision aerospace components.
- Perform manufacturing processes including set up and operate vertical and horizontal multi-axis milling and turning machinery as required with minimal supervision.
- Read/interpret machining program language required for machine operation at an intermediate level.
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret CMM measuring equipment reports.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work
- Support and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as required.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time on a concrete manufacturing floor.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 4 years of machining experience.
- Proficient with machine setup.
- Aerospace experience desired.
- Solid industrial mathematics knowledge.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S visual management.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.