Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring an assistant controller.
The purpose of the position is to provide Lovejoy Downers Grove and South Haven management, R&L management, and the corporate controllers organization accurate and timely financial data and information. This position is responsible for ensuring all plant accounting activities comply with the AAP, Timken Corporate policies, and sound business practices
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of all financial information concerning plant activity through active management of financial policy and internal controls for the assigned plants.
- Lead the plant site specific month end close activities and support of all accounting activities of Lovejoy.
- Lead plant efforts for labor reporting, scrap, and inventory reporting activities
- Drive consistency in the operational reporting, inventory management, SOX controls, and other relevant areas within plant operations
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual operating plans and departmental overhead rates to drive product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers.
- Serve as plant site lead in providing daily, weekly, and monthly local, divisional, and corporate KPI reporting
- Support plant site financial accounting closing processes and the compilation of the cost of production statement
- Responsible for the preparation and tracking of General Ledger journal entries and other data, both internal to SAP and from external sources, posted to the General Ledger
- Creates and analyzes required financial statements and supporting schedules to load SAP to Hyperion
- Support the maintenance of legal entity internal control procedures in accordance with current compliance requests for information
- Drive continuous improvement within the plant finance and manufacturing operations, and serve as the finance lead/expert in all lean activities undertaken by plant management
- Provide support during the annual business planning process to site management and analyze and assemble business plan data for review by the Lovejoy controller.
- Assist Lovejoy Controller in establishing cost center and product rates within corporate practice guidelines
- Provide cost information to processing departments as required and lead all production productivity efforts within the facility.
- Aid in compliance efforts for Sarbanes-Oxley audit requirements, and provide support for response to internal and external auditors
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for financial and non-financial business results, as required
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to yield accurate cost analysis and operational accounting
- Advanced MS Office skills: Excel, Access & PowerPoint
- Ability to team with cross-functional team members and gain their cooperation to yield desired results, as well as an ability to work independently
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required; Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general accounting and finance; experience in cost accountlng of FPNA or analytical preferred
- CPA is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.