Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Senior Financial Analyst - Operations
This position supports the Shiloh Plant Controller in various closing, reporting, inventory management, and business planning activities. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly forecasting, budgeting, and reporting activities, as well as analysis of variances and their causes. Evaluations and recommendations are reported to the Plant Controller, Plant Management Team, and Timken corporate finance, as required.
- Coordinate plant efforts for labor reporting, scrap and inventory reporting activities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining annual budgets and product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers.
- Assist in cost savings studies to support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist controller in daily, weekly, and monthly financial accounting closing processes.
- Provide cost information to processing departments, as required.
- Produce monthly reports for controller, plant management, and corporate requirements.
- Complete periodic audits and cycle counts to ensure proper adherence to financial policies.
- Work with plant personnel to correct and analyze errors and inaccurate reports.
- Provide assistance in reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly cost data.
- Assist plant controller in establishing cost center and product rates within corporate practice guidelines.
- Work independently to complete tasks and communicate results, as required.
- Support Plant Controller and complete tasks in his/her absence.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting and/or finance and strong analytical skills
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required
- SAP expertise preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.